Wednesday 7 February 2018

Monster March 2 - Introduction



Hello!

I had a lot of fun organizing MonsterMarch last year and I am happy to announce I am doing it again! If you have not participated in it or simply want to check how did it go last year, here is the link to all the blog posts where you can see how the projects evolved and what kind of miniatures people painted:


I would like to repeat the formula from last year so here it is, officially, an introduction to:

#MonsterMarch2

What is MonsterMarch?

Monster March is an initiative to help and focus on assembling and painting any miniature you have in your collection that you can classify as Monster. The main theme is to choose a model from your favorite fantasy game or world but there were some great entries last year that were something else. There are no hard rules for it, so if you would like to participate just let me know what is your model of choice!

How to join?

The best way is to send me an email to this account:

swordmasterofhoeth@gmail.com

This way I will be able to collect the photos you send me in a more efficient way. However, feel free to use twitter and facebook too.

Twitter: @SwordOfHoeth
 FB: Pawel Mieczowski - Swordmaster

You can join at any time, even if the challenge is on its way. You can start with a completely new model but you can also pick up the one you have not finished painting yet! 

How is it going to be organized?

As in the last year it is going to be divided into Weekly Challenges.
The idea  is to have weekly goals to help with progress in assembling and painting. However, they are more like guidelines and a help for me to provide updates about particular stage. Feel free to provide your own weekly schedule and I will definitely include it in the updates. 
For those who would like to follow the general approach, here are the weekly goals:
1. Official start and presentation of participants - I will be collecting the details of participants until Saturday 3rd March so that I can initiate the challenge on 4th March and present the participants. This the time for you to plan what would you like to paint, add any blog, website address for me to include etc. 
2. Assembling and preparing the model - this goal is to be accomplished until 10th March. You should be able to assemble your models or parts of it, depending how you want to proceed with painting. 
3. Painting Stage 1 - First week of painting! It will last until 17th March and may be all about basic colors for entire model. But may as well be about the first part you want to paint completely, as I know that large models require different approach too. 
4. Painting Stage 2 - Second week of painting, until 24th March! You should be able to add some more details now, start building some definition to different areas or simply keep adding different parts to your model. 
5. Painting Stage 3 - Third and final week of painting! It will end on 31st ofMarch and should see you finishing your model! It may be the time for adding a base too but don't worry if you don't! It is all about the model itself. You may want to take a few more photos than usual, presenting the model from different angles. 
 
This year I will participate as well! If you read my reports you will have easy guess what I am going to paint :) I am already looking forward to it as the model waited way too long to be finished. Now it is the time!
 
I hope this year we will have a nice number of participants and who knows, maybe even more than last year :) I can't wait to see what you guys are going to paint this year so please, join the challenge!!
 
Cheers!

27 comments:

  1. Aaargh, no monsters left to paint I'm afraid! Will be looking forward to seeing what others come up with though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! You may still participate with any other project and use the challenge as motivation to keep painting :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely want to participate again this year. I'll drop you an email with more details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, Ed! Looking forward to the details, I am really curious what is going to be your model this time! Thanks for joining!

      Delete
    2. Arg! My email is messing me about, so I'll just leave the details here. I want to paint a Cerastus Knight Castigator that I picked up a while ago. I know it's not a monster in any way shape or form but it would be a hell of a project! Updates will be on the blog at http://berserkerbladeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    3. No worries, Ed! Bring it on!

      Delete
    4. First post is up on the blog http://berserkerbladeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    5. Hi Ed!

      Looking great! I noticed an update earlier today but had not chance to reply yet. It is a fantastic model and I can't wait to see WiP pictures!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Cool. I will participate. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! The more the merrier :) Welcome on board!

      Delete
  4. I’ll try to get in there this year as I missed out last year. I have to get a hold of the model (may try two!) but should have time to do so. Trying to get my Rhordia list ready for lone wolf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! What is the model?

      Delete
    2. Going for a halfling iron beast which should fit the criteria! I’ve got most of the model figured out but will need to find some appropriate bits to make the conversion happen. I’ll be ready to go by March!

      Delete
    3. Excellent! I thought it might be the Iron Beast :) I am looking forward to seeing first pictures!

      Delete
  5. OOoh fantastic idea! I have a Tree Herder which needs some loving. I have already assembled him. Is this a problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neal,

      I got your email but to confirm again, no problem at all!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Indeed! Are you joining? I hope so!

      Delete
    2. Of course. Don't know the Monster but It could be a dragón or a MoM's Monster or a eldar titán.

      Delete
    3. Would love to see you do a titan Cylde!

      Delete
    4. Not a titan but a baneblade

      Delete
    5. Apologies for late replies! Great to see more people on board, also those who participated last year :)

      Delete
    6. Hi.
      My first entry is here
      http://mastodontica.blogspot.com.es/2018/03/monstermarch-2018-presentacion.html

      Delete
    7. Wow! Now that is definitely monster of a tank :) Awesome! Such an iconic model for 40k!

      Delete
  7. I'm in. I'll pledge 2 converted Stormfiends for use as Kastelan Robots in my 40k Skaven army.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome on board!

    What is going to be your model and do you plan to upload your WiP pictures on a blog or website? Let me know if yes so that I can link it properly!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete